Government accorded sanction for raising of ministry of defence constabularies (MODC) in three separate MODC Units viz MODC (army), MODC (navy) and MODC (air) vide ministry of defence letter no. 18/4/d-1/is/73 dated 23 January 1974. The MODC (air) has been raised for specific function of guarding Air Force installations. The recruitment, training, rank structure, administration, leave, pay and allowances, scale of clothing, accommodation and rationing are guided by Govt order.
Recruitment :Candidates will be selected by open recruitment through advertisement in the daily news papers. Examination & interviews will be held to select suitable candidates for enrolment as MODC (Air) in Bangladesh Air Force.
Age :a. Candidates on the date of enrollment must be between 17 and 21 years. b. The correct age of a candidate (MODC-GD) will be determined from the date of birth as given in the school leaving certificate. c. The correct age of a candidate (MODC-Clk) is to be determined from the date of birth as given in the SSC certificate. Guardian and Character Certificates : The candidates for enrollment will have to produce their parents’/guardians willingness certificate and a character certificate in the prescribed form.
Nationality :A candidate must be a bonafide citizen of Bangladesh.
Marital Status :A candidate must be unmarried.
Educational Qualification :a. MODC (GD) – Class IXI Pass. b. MODC (Clk) – SSC Pass.
Physical standard :a. Minimum height -162.56 cm / 5’-4” b. Minimum chest measurement – 30” – 32” c. Weight – 110 lbs (21lbs of weight be added for every 1” of height). d. Eye – 6/6
Condition of Ineligibility :Candidates of the following categories are ineligible for enrollment as MODC (Air) : a. Dismissed from Army/Navy/Air Force. b. Dismissed or removed from Govt service on disciplinary ground or whose employment in Govt service has been forbidden. c. Convicted in a court of law for any offence involving moral turpitude or awarded imprisonment for any civil offence. d. Discharged from BAF as ‘unlikely to make an efficient airmen/MODC’.
Training :MODC recruits will undergo a disciplinary training for a period of 24 weeks. On successful completion of the training, they will be given initial rank of Sepoy after due attestation. Rank structure of MODC (Air) with equivalent ranks in Bangladesh Air Force is given below : MODC (Air) Personnel BAF Personnel Sainik (MODC) – AC Lankce Corporal (MODC) – LAC Corporal (MODC) – CPL Sergeant (MODC) – Sgt Warrant Officer (MODC) – WO Senior Warrant Officer (MODC) – SWO Master Warrant Officer (MODC) – MWO
Pay and Allowances :Pay and allowances will be admissible as per joint service instructions promulgated by the government from time to time.
Medical Treatment :The rules contained in the regulations for the medical service of the army will apply to MODC (Air).
Accommodation and Conservancy :MODC (Air) personnel will be entitled to free accommodation and conservancy services in accordance with the prescribed scales decided by Bangladesh Air Force.
Ration :MODC (Air) personnel will be entitled to free ration. If services in kind are not provided, MODC (Air) personnel will be entitled to allowances in lieu thereof as laid down from time to time. Other entitlements during the service will be as laid down from time to time.
Pension and Gratuities, Disability and Family Pension :Pension/gratuity and disability/family pension will be admissible in accordance with the rules laid down from time to time by the government.
Clothing and Equipment :MODC (Air) personnel will be entitled to free/loan issue of clothing and equipment as per existing policy.
1. How to apply for joining in BAF as an MODC :
a. Collection of Application Form : Collect application form from Information & Selection Centre of Bangladesh Air Force located at Old Airport, Tejgaon, Dhaka. The form can also be collected from any BAF Base/Unit (except for Dhaka area) or from district Armed Forces offices by submitting a non-refundable Pay Order/Bank Draft of Taka 150.00 (one hundred and fifty only) in favour of ‘Central Non-Public Fund, BAF’. In case of Bank Draft, the same must be exchangeable from any of the branch of Sonali/Rupali/Janata/Agrani Bank of Dhaka area (Dhaka Cantt, Mohahkali, Farmgate, Karwan Bazar).
b. Online Application System : Visit website www.joinbangladeshairforce.mil.bd for online application or download android apps (JoinBAF). Click on Apply Now tab and follow the instruction as mentioned in How to Apply tab.
c. Submission of Application Form : Application form collected from any of the above mentioned sources must be submitted to Information & Selection Centre of Bangladesh Air Force or the Recruitment Team before commencement of the test. For downloaded forms, please attach the Pay Order/Bank Draft as specified earlier to get the serial number of the application form. Please ensure that Pay Order/Bank Draft number is written properly in appropriate place of the prescribed form and the forms are properly filled in. Attach necessary documents as prescribed in the form.
2. Academic Qualification : SSC Pass or equivalent.
3. Nationality : Bangladeshi (Male).
4. Marital Status : Unmarried.
5. Age : 16 to 21 years.
6. Height : Minimum 167.64 cm (66 inch).
7. Chest : Minimum 76.2-81 cm (30-32 inch) with 2 inches expansion.
8. Eye Sight : 6/6, normal vision.
9. Weight : As per age & height.
10. Disqualifications : a. Dismissed from Army/ Navy/ Air Force. b. Dismissed/removed from Government service on disciplinary ground or forbidden from government employment. c. Convicted by any Court of law.
11. Documents Required to be Attached with the Application Forms : a. Attested copies of all academic certificates, testimonials and marks sheets. b. Nationality Certificate with marital status and permanent address from Union Parishad/Municipal Chairman/Ward Commissioner. c. Character Certificate from Class-1 gazette officer. d. Six copies of recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Class-I Gazetted Officer. e. Birth Certificate/ National ID card duly attested by a Class-I Gazetted Officer. f. Original & attested copy of Freedom Fighters Certificate by Ministry of Liberation War Affairs (For the dependents of Freedom Fighters). g. Nationality Certificate attested by District Commissioner for tribal. h. No Objection Certificate for the serving candidates. j. Original & attested copy of the certificates by appropriate authority for members of Ansar & VDP. k. Attested copies of certificates of sports achievement at District/Divisional level (if any).
12. Details of Tests : a. Written Examination. b. Preliminary Medical Check-up. c. Viva Voce. e. Final Medical Test.
13. Final Selection : Final selection will be made by Air Headquarters in accordance to vacancy, quota and other existing regulations.
14. Initial Training : 24 weeks.